Friday, January 1, 2010

I could not log in after this:


Apparently an Asian man named Sumit joined the forums and posted a few things while I was offline. The reaction by the forum disturbed me a bit. I posted in-between the two posts from Jill, it has now been deleted. I simply asked "What happened?".



The thread continues:

Clearly the man could not speak English well. When other languages are translated into English, obviously the "tone" is lost... Should that segregate him?









Sadly, the following posts no longer exist:

Jill:
He actually had me laughing like crazy with those posts but I suspected that after 100 posts praying to Vishnu and ending in "good luck, bro" that everyone would be ready for the kill.

And I knew he was a fake too because he couldn't tell that the little boy in the YouTube video playing the uke and singing I'm Yours (which has close to 10 million hits on it!) was Japanese. Anyone supposedly from Asia could tell that. He said he was Chinese. Red flags went up. After watching 2 trillion Japanese films this year I recognize a Japanese person a mile away.

Nan:
Not everyone has seen 100 Japanese films and can tell the difference. There are many areas of asia, where people look black or indian. I don't think all Asians would know what each other looks like
Maybe this person just could not communicate clearly?

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

What time is it kids....IT'S HOWDY DOODY TIME!
***

I could not log in after this. Could I have been banned for defending someone's ethnicity? If you read between the lines, there is an air of racism in this situation. I urge Sumit to come forward and tell his story.

1 comment:

  1. Nan, this blog is rich! Jill and I used to butt heads on another board that she was on. Because of a number of angry comments directed towards her, she started her Golden Silents board.

    As one person put it, she's a dominatrix in flannel nighties!

    ReplyDelete